The “New Normal”
The whole team at Knighton Dental would like to thank you for your patience throughout this time we have been closed.
After hearing the news last week, that dental practices will be permitted to reopen as of Monday 8th June. Whilst this is fantastic news for us all, we are some way away from ‘business as usual’. There will be restrictions in place, set by Public Health England, as to what exactly we are permitted to do face-to-face, which we are currently waiting for further guidance on.
Please understand therefore we will be prioritising patients in order of urgency, before routine dental appointments, so please could we kindly request that you do not attend the practice unless you have an appointment.
At Knighton Dental Practice, our utmost priority is patient safety and comfort. The practice has always been a very clean and safe environment, however we have spent some time upgrading the clinic and will be introducing the following measures to keep our patients and staff safer than ever:
. Closed door policy..Only patients with an appointment will be allowed to enter the practice.
. Patients to attend their appointment alone unless help or consent is needed.
. Covid 19 screening will be carried out over the telephone before your appointment.
· We will ask you to Hand Sanitise on arrival at reception.
· Redesign of the patient journey through the practice in line with social distancing.
· Increasing appointment intervals to ensure that the practice and waiting areas are not overcrowded.
· To further avoid overcrowding when you arrive at the practice, we ask that you wait in a safe place outside of the practice until called in.
. Regular wiping down of reception and waiting areas.
· Payment by card and contactless when leaving the practice.
· Between all appointments as always, the dental team using upgraded PPE, will thoroughly disinfect the dental surgery, reducing the risk of exposure to anything harmful.
· Patients to Hand Sanitise on departure of surgery.
Please rest assured that we will continue to communicate the next agreed phase openings with you as soon as it has been confirmed, by website, email and social media (so please do try and follow us if you can).
If you are waiting for a routine dental appointment, please DO NOT contact us at the moment. We will not be able to make you an appointment immediately, but we will update you as soon as we are able to do so.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Reception who will be more than happy to assist you.
We thank you all for your patience during this difficult time and look forward to seeing you all again soon.