29 December 2023
Tips to Keep Your Smile Bright and Fresh over the Festive Season
Tips to keep your smile bright and fresh over the festive Season!
The festive season is a time to indulge and enjoy life’s pleasures. But what about your teeth?
Teeth can get stained or become sensitive during this period, so it pays to take some precautions for the health of your smile. No one wants to have tooth pain over the holidays. Read on for tips to keep your smile bright and fresh over the festive Season!
Here are some tips on how to keep your pearly whites looking bright and fresh over the festive season:
- Brush twice daily for a minimum of 2 minutes. Spit the toothpaste out after brushing but do not rinse.
- Avoid frequent sugary snacks throughout the day, try having them in one sitting rather than little and often. Frequent sugar intake increases the risk of tooth decay which leads to cavity and tooth pain.
- Avoid foods that cause staining such as coffee, tea and red wine.
- Floss or use interdental brushes before bedtime and in-between meals.
- Use a fluoride-based toothpaste.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Keep up with regular dental appointments every 6 to 12 months.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or earlier if the bristles begin to splay out.
- Don’t use large hard-bristled brushes as they can damage teeth and gums (Don’t brush too hard – this can also damage teeth and gums).
For more information take a look at the oral health foundation
If you follow these tips, you’ll be able to enjoy the festive season without having to worry about your teeth!
We want to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
Book your appointment online today!
Back to blog